Top Ads

Breaking News

recent

Hijabi biker Roshni Misbah wants to be a superbiker




Bikes aren’t for girls, said her relatives, but that didn’t deter Roshni Misbah’s determination to pursue her passion for motorcycling. Popularly known as Hijabi biker, she now wants to be a superbiker.

It is not rare to spot a woman motorcyclist vrooming through the Capital’s roads and Roshni Misbah is not the only motorcyclist in the city. Yet, the 22-year-old student of Jamia Millia Islamia has been the talk of the town. Why? Well, because she rides her motorbike with much éclat wearing a hijab (headscarf).

Roshni, who bought her bike seven months ago, is kicked about having her own set of mean wheels. She says, “Riding bikes is my passion. Since my school days, I have been riding bikes — either my father’s, brother’s or friend’s. But now I have my own bike.”

However, for Roshni, who is from a conservative Muslim family, breaking the stereotype that bikes are for men was not an easy task. Not just Roshni but her parents, too, had to face resistance from her relatives. “My relatives advised my father against giving me a bike as they felt it is not meant for girls. But, my father didn’t listen to them and he allowed me to get the bike.”

She also has to deal with stares from onlookers when she rides to college. “I never cared about what others think. I wear a hijab and ride [a bike] because I like to follow my passion and religion as well,” says the student, who is studying in Arab-Islamic Culture.

Misbah likes to follow both- her passion for riding and religious sentiments.
There are many who applaud her for overcoming hurdles. “Initially, my college mates would be surprised to see a girl riding a bike, that too with a hijab on. But with time, they have had great things to say. I have even taught many of my female friends to ride and it’s fun,” she adds. And she also tries to spread awareness about traffic rules. “I don’t break any traffic rules and I don’t do any stunts,” she says.

So what’s next on her wish list? “I would like to claim the title of superbiker at the Superbike Racing that takes place at Buddh [International] Circuit,” she says.
Hijabi biker Roshni Misbah wants to be a superbiker Reviewed by Unknown on May 12, 2017 Rating: 5

No comments:

All Rights Reserved by Outlaws Bikers News © 2016 - 2017
Powered By Blogger, Designed by Outlaws Bikers News

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Powered by Blogger.